Sunday 11 November 2012

Welcome

Hey guys, thanks for coming and checking out my blog, I really appreciate the support =)
Most of my family and friends know that I'm currently recovering from a shoulder surgery but I cant let that hold me back. My dear husband has taken the cooking reins whilst I've been out of action, and lets just say, my kids are sick of meat and rice. Bless his soul, the man tries, but he just cant cook to save his life. Its no wonder though, my MIL happens to be an exceptional cook so he never had reason to learn.
If we are lucky, hopefully she will share with us a few of her secret recipes, her pork belly is to die for.

Its also coming up to the silly season, so I will without a doubt be cooking up lots of festive delights.
Its any wonder I always gain weight over summer.
I am half Greek and Christmas and Easter is always the best part of the year. Our celebrations involve lots and lots of food complete with the lamb on the spit. If you have never tried lamb fresh off the spit you are seriously missing out. With a bit of luck on our side, my dear Yai Yai will share with us her recipes for our Christmas day lunch - the Galaktoboureko (Baked custard and filo pie) is always a highlight


So having said all of that, I would like to say thank you for stopping by and here is a bit of a preview of whats to come in the next few weeks.
We have my quick and oh so good mix n freeze ice cream with hot butterscotch sauce, Chinese crispy skinned pork belly *drools* and Chicken and Corn soup in the thermomix.

If you havent already, please head on over and like my facebook page and follow me on Pinterest. I have millions (ok thousands) of recipes pinned so if something tickles your fancy or you want to see a recipe featured, let me know, ill be more then happy to help out with your requests =)

Lots of love to you all and ill be back here really soon

0 comments:

Post a Comment