Wednesday 28 November 2012

Instant Summer Slushie less then 10 calories


So yep, I think its official, summer is here. I cant say its not a welcome delight, but sheeez, im not exactly summer ready.
My thighs are bearing the hallmarks of my winter indulgences, and well, its just not a good look.
To make matters worse, im stripping down into my togs in 10 DAYS to get my picture taken. It was a gift, so I cant even get out of it.
So today, Thursday 29th of November marks day 1 of my rather panicked 10 DAY get into shape regime. I let you know how it goes.
Thing is, its 38C right now and all I want to do is munch my way through an extra large slurpee from 7/11. But for over 200 cals per serve, it doesnt quite fit in with my get in shape regime.
So whilst I was sweltering out daydreaming about slurpees, I had this idea to make my own diet slushy/slurpee concoction in the thermomix.
This my friends was the result, and I must say, satisfied those cravings perfectly. And I didnt have to drive anywhere for it. Winning!

You can change the cordial to fruit juice if you are making it for the kids, I promise, they will love it


Instant Summer Slushie - Low Cals

Ingredients

1 cup ice
30mls diet cordial (I used orange and mango)
*you can adjust quantities to suit your taste

Method

Add ice and diet cordial to Thermomix or food processor and blend at top speed for 30 seconds
Scrape down sides and repeat
*Depending on how powerful your food processor is, you may need to repeat this step a few times until you get the right consistency



0 comments:

Post a Comment